THE MASSACHUSETTS AUCTIONEERS ASSOCIATION is the organization for the professional auctioneer who performs auctions in the State of Massachusetts. It was established to allow a medium in which the professional auctioneer can stay abreast of the latest auction procedures, education, license law changes and other events that would effect the auction profession.
The Statement of Purpose
- To provide a means by which the members of the auction profession may coordinate their efforts for the advancement of their profession and/or services relevant to the auction industry.
- Establish the highest standards of business ethics among its members. Develop and promote equitable trade practices and high standards of ethics in the auction profession.
- Develop through responsible promotion, new understanding and wider acceptance for the auction method of selling.
- Improve the efficiency of service performed by all segments of the industry.
- Collect information relating to the auction profession and disseminate such information to the public and to members of the Association.
- Represent and act for the auction profession before all departments and agencies of the State of Massachusetts and other public and private organizations whose activities affect the profession; not however to act in the capacity of an attorney.
- Contribute to the progress and advancement in every lawful manner and do lawful acts and things to promote the welfare of the auction profession.
Be sure to check back with us often in order to get updated information on the MAA and upcoming auctions.